Accordion Noir radio playlist 2006-12-08: Our Second Episode
Usually this morning I would have been sharing with you a link of last night’s new episode of Accordion Noir, a survey episode Bruce curated containing one new song representing each of the ten years we’ve been on the air. But… on the way to the radio station, bicycling on icy roads, he slipped and broke his shoulder! The DJs on the Soundscape show before us had to fill in our hour live on the air, and in the meantime all I have for you is a chance to catch up on our historical archives from a decade ago. So here it is — our second-ever episode, from way back in December of 2006! (I know, we should be all the way up to 2007 by now. Chipping away!)
As of press time, it lingers on still at its original location of http://accordionnoir.org/drupal/node/2 , where it has been enjoyed some 10955 times (phew!) by accordion lovers and likely more than a few robots and spiders. Now it will live on forever at its new home on the Internet Archive, to which we hope to hitch our long-dormant podcasting widget sometime soon. So you can enjoy listening to it there (at either of those two sites, actually!) and to help enhance your enjoyment here is a transcript of the episode’s playlist:
Accordion Noir: Playlist: Episode 2: December 8, 2006
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 2-3 AM (ugh!)
http://www.coopradio.org/ for web-streaming worldwide.
1. Gubbish (California?) – Notations in Tonation (2004) – Crack in Space
2. 17 Hippies (Berlin) – Berlin-Style (1999) – Der Zug um 7.40 Uhr (and) Der Song von Mandelay
3. Rowan plays – Kalashnikov – Rowan did not play this on the soundtrack of the film Underground, but it sounds like a good movie.
4. The Gay (Vancouver locals) – You Know the Rules (2003) – Opulent Canine
5. Vladimir Denissenkov (Ukraine/Russia/Italy) – Guzalka (2004) – Eterlesi
6. Sinister Luck Ensemble (Chicagolandia) – Anniversary (2002) –Small of the Back
7. Angel Corpus Christi (New York) – The 80’s (2004) – Blank Generation (yup, Richard Hell got squeezed.)
8. Gus Viser (France) – Les As du Musette (2000) – L’africain (recorded in 1943.)
9. Walking Hellos (Brooklyn in the house!) – (self title-ated) – Three Minutes
10. Miss Murgatroid and Petra Haden (Portland, OR, and the globe) – Bella Neurox (1999) – Theme for the Sleepless
11. Andrea Parkins (New York-it’s a theme) – Slippage (1998) – Lost Lure
12. Rowan – Underground tango, during tango PSA
13. Rowan plays: Brenda Brink’s “Merry Freakin’ Christmas”
14. Rowan plays: Korobeiniki (theme from Tetris) …and we’re off to bed!
More back-recordings soon! Cheers & squeeze on!