Accordion Noir Radio playlist 2017-04-05: April Surprises
OK, I guess that the weather isn’t all that surprising.
We swore we’d do it, and we did it: all caught up with posting all our recent, current episodes of the Accordion Noir radio program online! Of course, a new one hits the airwaves tonight and we’ll be instantly behind the 8-ball again, but that’s all just part of the fun of being alive. You can hear last week’s episode as a digital audio stream or if you prefer, the mp3 download is also a compelling option (and the more permanent of the two). And to enhance your listening, here’s the playlist telling you about the songs we were playing!
* Bachtopus – Contrapunctus 1 from The Art of Fugue – Alive! (2015) – – Visit http://bachtopus.bandcamp.com
* Los Lobos – Jenny’s Got A Pony (Album Version) – Wolf Tracks: The Best Of Los Lobos (1990) – East Los Angeles, California, USA –
* Mary Beth Carty – Henri – Les biens-nommés (2017) – Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada – http://marybethcarty.com
* Jeffrey Bützer and the Bicycle Eaters – Dissimilar to Locusts – Hiding Plastic Spiders 7″ (2011) – International Man of Mystery – Visit http://jeffreybutzer.bandcamp.com
* Marcel Messervier – La belle époque – Bellows & Bows: Historic Recordings of Traditional Fiddle & Accordion Music from Across Canada (1995) – Québec, Canada – Research Centre for the Study of Music, Media and Place, Memorial University of Newfoundland, http://www.mun.ca/mmap/
* Tony Hall – Shallow Brown – This Label Is Not Removable (A Celebration Of 25 Years Of Free Reed) [Disc 1] (1978) – – http://www.free-reed.co.uk
* KV Express – Rose – Zafon (2016) – Belgium – http://www.homerecords.be/ Sophie Cavez, acc., Didier Francois, Nyckleharpa.
* Tracy Chapman – Woman’s Work – Matters Of The Heart (1992) – –
* Ray Elliot Band – Joshua’s Canyon – Prairie Mountain Resonator (2017) – Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada – rayelliottband.net Gillian Snider, acc.
* The Carter Sisters with Chet Atkins – Heartbreak Trail – Carter Sisters & Mother Maybelle with Chet Atkins (Carter Family) (1950)
* Adam Ørvad –
Johann Sebastian Bach – French Ouverture, BWV 831: Gavotte I & II – Wing Span: Contemporary Danish Music & Classical Works (2012) – Denmark – http://www.adamorvad.com/
* Bill Davis Trio (1954) w/Bruce Triggs – Bring the Money In Member Drive PRA
* Clifton Chenier and his Red Hot Louisiana Band – Zydeco Disco – I’m Here! (1982) – Recorded at Studio In The Country, Bogalusa, Louisiana, USA
* Bachtopus – Sackamra – Alive! (2015) – – Visit http://bachtopus.bandcamp.com
Thanks for reading us here (and hopefully listening to us, there), but if you find you want more, you can always keep up with us on Twitter (@AccordionNoir and @AccordionBruce), Instagram (@AccordionNoirFest), and Facebook at Accordion Noir fans, the Accordion Noir Festival, and the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle. Cheers & squeeze on!