Accordion Noir radio playlist 2016-09-28: Buckwheat and Joe Falcon Meet
And it’s another episode of Accordion Noir, once again featuring Special Guest Montreal accordion repair-woman Julie. You can hear last night’s whole squeezy thing (provided you’re using a Flash-enabled web browser, sorry mobile users!) as a digital audio stream audible through this link to http://coopradio.org/content/accordion-noir-301 — and here’s the playlist to help you keep track of what you’re hearing!
* Buckwheat Zydeco – Throw Me Something, Mister – Lay Your Burden Down (2009) – Louisiana, USA
* Buckwheat Zydeco – Make It To Me – w. Sonny Landreth & Paul “Lil’ Buck” Sinegal – Boozoo Hoodoo! The Songs Of Boozoo Chavis (2003) – Louisiana, USA –
* Barrule – Yn Ven-Ainshter Dewil (The Cruel Mistress) – Manannan’s Cloak (2015) – Isle of Man, UK – http://www.barruletrio.com Jamie Smith, acc
* Canailles – Breakers – Ronds-Points (2014) – Montreal, Quebec, Canada – http://canailles.bandcamp.com
* Dardanelles – Fogo Island Mussels/Smeceno Horo – The Dardanelles (2009) – Newfoundland, Canada – http://thedardanelles.com/
* Joe Falcon, Cleoma Breaux – Allons A Lafayette – American Roots Music [Disc 4] (1928)
* Alan Mills – Jerry Ryan (The Foreman, Well Known Jerry Ryan) – We’ll Rant and We’ll Roar: Songs of Newfoundland (1958) – Newfoundland, Canada – http://www.folkways.si.edu/index.html
* Orlín’s – Nano (Arnaud Méthivier) – http://www.nanomusic.fr – France
* Barrule – The King Of The Sea (Ree Ny Marrey) – Manannan’s Cloak (2015) – Isle of Man, UK – http://www.barruletrio.com Jamie Smith, acc
* Buckwheat Zydeco – Finding My Way Back Home – Lay Your Burden Down (2009) – Louisiana, USA
Don’t forget — if you like us on the radio, you’ll love us on social media, where we’re not restricted to a mere hour of holding forth: you can find us at @AccordionNoir and @AccordionBruce on Twitter, at our Instagram account (which just surpassed a thousand subscribers!) @Accordionnoirfest, and over at our Facebook groups for Accordion Noir fans, the Accordion Noir Festival, and the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle — which, we should note, gathers at Spartacus Books from 8-10 pm one week from today for its monthly get-together, next Thursday night!