Accordion Noir radio playlist 2016-09-21: Maple Glazed
— Bruce Triggs (@AccordionBruce) September 22, 2016
For obtuse reasons that can be explained but not made interesting, yesterday’s playlist of Accordion Noir Radio was a Canadian Content special. We play music from all over the world to a global audience, but when backed into our corner… can still come up with quite a show. You can click here to hear a digital audio stream of the episode (if you are listening on a device that supports our radio station’s somewhat head-scratching Flash interface for stream play) and to enhance your listening enjoyment, you can learn a little more about what you heard on the program by poring over the following playlist!
* Paul Reddick – Morning Bell – Sugarbird (2008) – Toronto, Ontario, Canada – http://www.paulreddick.ca w. Garth Hudson, acc.
* Andy Fielding – Accordion Noir theme (short version, 1:06) – Accordion Noir (2010) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – recorded special just for our show! http://www.zisman.ca/squeezebox/Music/Accordion%20Noir%20%28leadsheet,%2004feb10%29.pdf
* The Jerry Cans – Uanittuujalii – Nunavuttitut (2013) – Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada – http://thejerrycans.com/
* Vishtèn – Tempête Des Glaces – Mosaïk (2012) – Acadia; Prince Edward Island; Quebec, Canada – http://www.vishten.net
* Sudanda – Ahlam Bukra (Tomorrow’s Dream) – Tomorrow’s Dream (2014) – Sudan, Africa / Canada – http://www.Sudanda.ca
* Sara Ciantar – South America – How Long (2006) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.saraciantar.com
* Amelia Curran – The Matador – They Promised You Mercy (2014) – St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada – http://www.ameliacurran.com/
* The Bills – Mando Coloured Glasses – Trail of Tales (2016) – Victoria, BC, Canada – http://www.thebills.ca/
* The Once – By The Glow Of The Kerosene Light – Row Upon Row of the People They Know (2011) – Newfoundland, Canada – http://theonce.ca
* Maria Dunn – West Mabou Song – From Where I Stand (1998) – Alberta, Canada –
* Geoff Berner With Diona Davies And Wayne Adams – Traitor Bride – The Wedding Dance Of The Widow Bride (2007) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.geoffberner.com/index.htm
* Wendy McNeill – Giver – For the Wolf, a Good Meal (Master 2) (2011) – Canada, Sweden – http://www.wendymcneill.com/
* The Crackling – The Harm – Mary Magdalene (2013) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.TheCrackling.com Tyson Naylor, acc.
* Canailles – Train – Manger du bois (2012) – Montréal, Québec, Canada – http://canailles.bandcamp.com/
As usual, our reminder that if you get a kick out of our long-running radio project (have we mentioned that we’ll be celebrating our 10th anniversary of first going on the air this December?) and our blogging summation of it … you should follow us on social media, where we similarly hold forth in shorter form: at @AccordionNoir and @AccordionBruce on Twitter, at our Instagram account @Accordionnoirfest, and over at our Facebook groups for Accordion Noir fans, the Accordion Noir Festival, and the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle! That will help you do like we do and keep your finger on the pulse of the global squeezebox beat — in realtime! Join the angry accordion consortium!
If I'm found dead anytime soon, just know that it was the work of a consortium of angry accordion enthusiasts.
— Eric (@Hansy_Volk) September 20, 2016
All right, that’s enough merriment for this week. Cheers & squeeze on!