AccNoir-2011-03-09, International Women’s Day 100 year anniversary
* Artist – Song – Album (year) – Where are they from? – Contact info if we’ve got it.
* Viola Turpeinen – Pääskysvalssi – Viola Turpeinen – American hanuriprinsessa – Vol. 1 – 1928-1929 (0) – Champion, Michigan, USA / Finland –www.AccordionUprising.org (March 8, 1011 article)
* The Gay – Robert Smith – You Know The Rules (2003) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.mintrecs.com/index.php?component=releases&action=release_details&id=52&artist=the_gay
* Cat Jahnke – Apple – The Stories Are Taking Their Toll (2010) – Winnipeg, Canada – http://www.catjahnke.com/
* Eva Ybarra – A Mi San Antonio – Planet Squeezebox (Disc 2) (1995) – Texas, usa – She ain’t got no website, but check out this awesome article on Conjunto music: http://www.jrank.org/cultures/pages/3746/Conjunto.html
* Lorna Anderson – Darke Eyes – Lorna Anderson remembers The Accordion’s Golden Age (1957) – Pinehurst, North Carolina, USA – www.lornaandersonaccordion.com (The CD comes with a video of Ms. Anderson’s amazing performance of Dark Eyes for the 1957 Miss America contest!)
* Janet Klein And Her Parlor Boys – My Wife Went Away – Come Into My Parlor (1998) – Los Angeles, California, USA – http://www.janetklein.com/web/main.htm
* Cub – Magic 8 Ball – Box Of Hair (1996) – Vancouver, BC, Canada – http://www.cygnals.com/cub/
* Iva Nova – Интро (Intro) (music :30) – Chemodan (suitcase) (2006) – Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation – http://community.livejournal.com/iva_nova_band/
* Johanna Juhola Reaktori – Cloning Tango – Tango Roto Live (2009) – Finland – http://www.johannajuhola.net/
* Jelena Milojevic – Romance – The Art of Accordion (2010) – Victoria, BC, Canada – Former Yugoslavia – http://www.myspace.com/jelenamilojevic
* Maria Kalaniemi & Sven Ahlbäck – Sörglåten (Lamentation) – Airbow = Luftstråk = Ilmajousi (2000) – Finland, Sweden – http://www.mariakalaniemi.com/
* Miss Murgatroid – Ballad Of The Panatonic – Myoclyonic Melodies (1996) – Portland, Oregon, USA – http://www.missmurgatroid.com/
* BU☆LI – マイ・ライフ My Life – Shining☆Buli (2001) – Sapporo City, Japan – http://www.myspace.com/buli1993 http://www.sister.co.jp/english/catalog_e_benten.html
* Wendy McNeill – The Sparrow – Such A Common Bird (2004) – Calgary, Alberta, Canada – http://www.wendymcneill.com/
* Viola Turpeinen – Kahden venheessä – Viola Turpeinen – American hanuriprinsessa vol. 2 – 1929-1945 (0) – Champion, Michigan, USA / Finland –http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlager
And for the cover image? Johanna Juhola, from: http://www.cff.ca/events2007.html
Accordion Babes 2011 Calendars: we still have a few, at reduced “pay what you can” rates, anything over $8 goes to our community radio home at Co-op Radio. email us at accordion.noir at “geemail” dot com
Get all your Vancouver Area accordion information at:
Vancouver Squeezebox Circle meets the first Thursday of every month at Spartacus Books, 684 E. Hastings. 8-10 PM.
Let us know where you’re listening from: accordion.noir@ geemail doctor (spam is up in Vancouver these days, also, it’s raining.)
Support Accordion Noir, we love our supporters, and our supporters’ supporters – even our detractors love our supporters.
Accordion Noir T-shirts! With a swell sepia-colour antique accordion and Flutina Girl image, and on the back our motto: “Ruthlessly pursuing the idea that the accordion is just another instrument.”
Shirts are $20 here in Vancouver. $25 mail-order. We’ve got pictures up on the Squeezebox Circle site now. More info: email@example.com
Again, our fame-ulous “One Less Guitar” stickers are available for $2 (or $8 for five) all as a fund-raiser for Co-op Radio and Accordion Noir! Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Come to the Vancouver Squeezebox Circle, the first Thursday of every month, at Spartacus Books! www.SqueezeboxCircle.org
This is where we love to say: Please support ethical and fabulous media by becoming a member of Co-op Radio, because we love our little radio-station, and it loves us all back.
CFRO Co-op Radio in Vancouver, BC, Canada
102.7 FM 9:30-10:30 PM
http://www.coopradio.org/ to support us worldwide.
Please bask in the green glory of www.AccordionNoir.org and click on the subtle “Donate” link on top to share funds with Accordion Noir’s beloved Co-op Radio. Thanks to donors and Co-op Radio Members, we are great-full!